The Global Hospitality Outlook
Global business travel spending hit a record-breaking $1.2 trillion in 2015. The growth in the travel and tourism industry is outpacing the wider economy in 2016 for the 6th consecutive year. The industry created 292 million additional jobs, now representing 1 in 10 jobs worldwide, and generated 7.6 trillion USD (10.2% of global GDP), proving once again that travel and tourism is a crucial contributor to the world’s economy and a driver of global prosperity.
Kenyan Hospitality Outlook
Nairobi has seen high quality new supply enter the market during the past five years including the Kempinski Villa Rosa, Crowne Plaza, Radisson Blu and Best Western Premier. The sector is forecasted to grow at 7%-9% per annum from 2016-2020.
Why Study a Hospitality and Tourism programme?
- Globally benchmarked curriculum combining Swiss-based service model and US-based business model.
- Humanistic formation through philosophy classes that foster integral development and deeper understanding of the human person.
- Foreign language lessons which give you a competitive edge.
- Internship opportunities through our local and international industry partners.
- Study Tours, Field trips and exchange programmes for academic exposure.
- Personalized training through one-on-one academic consultations with lecturers.
- Personal guidance by your mentor through monthly mentoring sessions.
- Enabling environment provided by the state-of-the-art facilities as well as the moral and social environment where you acquire an all-round quality education in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility.
Undergraduate (Bachelor’s Degree) Interview Requirements
a) KCSE certificate
b) Diploma Certificate for diploma holders.
c ) Diploma transcripts for diploma holders.
2 – Passport size photograph
3 – National ID/passport/birth certificate
5 – Interview fee
b)M-Pesa Paybill: 400222
c)Account no: 1059#1001.
Checklist – Application Process For Postgraduate Programs
- All applicants must meet the entry requirements for the respective graduate program they wish to apply for. This is verified by the School of Graduate Studies.
- The applicant must sit and pass the Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE) administered at the Graduate school every Wednesday and Friday at 2pm. The applicant should report to the admissions office on the interview day. PS: GEE is a written exam
- Complete the Graduate Studies application form and attach relevant documents.
- Provide the original Undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
- Provide certified copies of the above-mentioned (no.4) – undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records.
- Provide the original and the certified copy of Secondary/High school certificate e.g. KCSE certificate
- Provide English language proficiency results where required.
- Attach two (2) completed Reference Forms from former undergraduate/graduate professors and/or employer particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study.
- Attach an updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- passport size photos.
- Provide a copy of National Identity Card (ID) or copy of Passport (bio data page)
- Interview fee payable on the interview day.
- Kshs 2500/-
- Under Pay Bill option input 168633 (CFC Stanbic Bank Pay Bill Number)
- Under account name option, input 990201042716
- The Oral Interview is carried out after the written exam.
- Certified copies: All academic documents to be attached to the application should be certified by the learning institution that issued the certificates or by an advocate of the high court.