The School of Tourism and Hospitality (STH) offers a special undergraduate programme for those who are already working in the industry and holding a professional diploma in hospitality or tourism from an accredited institution. This programme bridges the diploma to a degree, leading to a degree in:
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Management (BHHM)
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management (BTM)
Successful candidates may be exempted some of the units offered in the evening course degree programme. Candidates applying for exemption shall be required to sit for a qualifying exam in hospitality and tourism.
- Be a holder of a diploma in a relevant discipline from an institution accredited by the Academic Council of the University: OR
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by Academic Council of the University as equivalent to (a) above.
- Candidates who hold (a) or (b) qualifications will be required to pass the qualifying examination.
- Should have at least a minimum grade of C (Plain) or C – (minus) + Recognized certificate.
- 6 credits at O level, a level 2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary.
- IB 24 out of 45.
The following diploma qualifications are accepted for the special exempt programme:
- Kenya Utalii College – Diploma in Hotel management
- Kenya Utalii College – Diploma in Tourism management.
- KNEC – Catering and Accommodation
- KNEC – Food and Beverage Management
- KNEC – Diploma in Tourism Management
- TUK – Diploma in Institutional Catering and Accommodation Management
- TUK – Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- KWSTI – Hospitality and Tourism
- KWSTI – Environmental Management
- KWSTI – Wildlife Management
- IHTI – BTEC Higher National Diploma in International Hospitality Management
- BIHC – Diploma in Hotel Management
Possession of the minimum requirements does not guarantee automatic admission to the Hospitality and Tourism degree programmes.
Interviews are conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8.00 a.m.
- Original and copy of academic and professional certificates,
- 2 passport size photos,
- National ID / passport / birth certificate,
- Secondary school leaving certificate,
- Interview fee KSHS 2000 (Exempted if the interviews are conducted in your institution).
Classes run in the evening from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm Monday to Friday, and on Saturdays from 8:30am to 2:30 pm for three semesters per year (January-April, May-August, and September-December).
Intake is in May and September each year.