The tourism and hospitality industry is the fastest growing sector of the world’s economy. It requires innovative business minds, creative management and strong passion to drive the industry’s socio-economic potential to full realization.
The School for Tourism and Hospitality brings you this opportunity to be part of global leadership in hospitality and tourism.
We foster integral development of the human person through education, promoting excellence in work, upholding sound moral principles and nurturing entrepreneurial spirit to produce professionals of global standards.
We aspire to be the benchmark of excellence in hospitality and tourism education, make an impact in the industry and improve quality of life through service to society.
What We Offer
Two globally benchmarked degree programmes designed to equip you with competence and skills to man the industry:
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
Our curriculum gives emphasis on the correlation between theory and practices through hands-on practical training and internship where you get exposed to the real world of work and interact with industry professionals and entrepreneurs.
What makes us unique
- A globally benchmarked curriculum which is a combination of the Swiss-based service model and US-based business management model designed to meet the needs of the industry.
- Humanistic formation imparted through philosophy and ethics lessons which foster integral development and deeper understanding of the human person.
- Knowledge of a foreign language gives you a competitive edge.
- Internship opportunities through our industry partners both local and international.
- Study tours, field trips and student exchange programme through our international academic partners.
- Personalized training as we work with quality, not quantity where lecturers are available for academic consultations.
- Mentoring programme provides you with a personal mentor who gives guidance in academic and personal life on a one-on-one mentoring session.
- Enabling environment provided by the state-of-the-art facilities as well as the moral and social environment where you acquire all-round quality education in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility.
- Internationalization, our programs gives students opportunities to explore what is happening internationally through train abroad programs, student exchange programs, and internships.
Our special exempt programme
Successful candidates who meet the minimum entry requirement and hold a professional diploma in hospitality or tourism from an accredited institution may be exempted for a maximum of 50% of the units offered in the evening course programme. This programme bridges the diploma to a degree within a period of two to three years. Classes run from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm Monday to Friday, and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm for three semesters per year (January-April, May-August, and September-December).
Our entry requirements
- Applicants must meet the following requirement:
- A minimum mean grade of C+ in KCSE OR
- Six subjects with a grade B and above including Mathematics and English at IGCSE level or three subjects with grade B and above at GCE level.
- All candidates meeting the entry requirement shall be required to sit and pass the University entrance examination in English and Mathematics and an oral interview.
- Candidates applying for exemption shall be required to sit for a qualifying exam in hospitality and tourism.
- Interviews are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 am.
- Candidates are required to bring originals and copies of relevant academic certificates, 2 passport size photographs, a photocopy of birth certificate or national ID or passport and KSH1800 entrance exam fee.
- Intake for the full-time programme is in April and June
- Intake for the evening programme in May and September