About Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security (MDIS)In line with the Strathmore University educational philosophy, the philosophy of MDIS shall be the pursuit of knowledge and inculcation of professional and the relevant skills in the area of Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security guided by moral and legal principles.
Why study Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security (MDIS)This programme has an overarching rationale: that it is important and crucial for programmes of this kind to be relevant and contemporary, and address solutions to the core problems and challenges of the day.
Besides this, the programme is informed by other needs. It is designed to meet the emerging challenges in diplomacy, security and intelligence, and to highlight how the three can work together in the pursuit of national interest and security.
Specifically the aim is to offer a course on Diplomacy, Security and Intelligence that: is informed by contemporary realities nationally, regionally and internationally;
reflects current trends in these areas of study and practice;
equips practitioners with the most current theories, contemporary skills and advanced analytical tools necessary for a complex operational milieu;
allows practitioners to engage actively in decision making while weighing factually alternative policies.
The goal of studying Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security (MDIS)At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the evolution, functions and activities of the national intelligence communities
- Explain the functions, and contributions of national intelligence consumers, communities or both and its relationship with law enforcement agencies Discuss the intelligence cycle, intelligence planning, data collection and exploitation, analysis and dissemination
- Assess traditional and non-traditional threats to national and international security
- Evaluate techniques and procedures for enhancing inter-agency cooperation and intelligence sharing
- Develop frameworks for understanding the contemporary security environment of Kenya
- Analyse the role of diplomacy in the domains of security and intelligence
- Analyse the process of formulating and implementing policy to protect the safety and freedom of the public
- Carry out independent research that contributes to the development of the emerging discipline of homeland security through applying domestic and international security policy & contribute to the management of diplomacy, intelligence and security in Kenya.
Entry Requirements to Study Master of Arts in Diplomacy, Intelligence and Security (MDIS)
i. Holders of first class or upper second class honors degree in the relevant academic fields from a recognized university
ii. Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities considered by the academic council as equivalent to a first class or Upper second class degree
iii. Holders of lower second class degree + postgraduate diplomas or professional certificates from recognised institutions or with at least 2 years relevant work experience in diplomacy, intelligence and security sectors
Pass the interview and entrance examination held every Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm
For more information and all inquiries:
Call: +254 (0) 703 034 228 or + 234 (0)703 034 243
On the day of the interview, bring the following documents:
- Filled application form >> download form
- Originals and copies of relevant certificates and complete academic transcripts with grades attained
- Two (2) completed Reference Forms >> Download reference forms
- An updated Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
- 3 passport size photos.
- A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or copy of Passport
- Kshs 2,500 Interview fee payable on the interview day
Other Graduate Programs