Dr. Kigen Morumbasi holds a PhD in International Politics and MA in Contemporary International Relations from Jilin University (China). His bachelor’s degree is in International Relations from USIU (Kenya). Prior to joining Strathmore University as a lecturer, he has been a visiting lecturer at the Rwanda Defence Force Command and Staff College and Chair of the International Relations Society of Kenya (IRSK). He has extensive experience having previously served as a lecturer at the School of Security, Diplomacy, and Peace Studies at Kenyatta University, and Chair of the Department of Governance and Public Policy at Technical University of Kenya.
He is a member of the UKRI International Development Peer Review College. His research interests include international security, foreign and domestic policy analysis, Africa-China relations.
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Morumbasi, K. (2019). Re-Emerging Pan-Africanism and Dissolution of Borders in Africa. In Re-Emerging Pan-Africanism: Implications for Foreign and Security Policy in Africa. Nairobi: Three Legs Consortium.
- Morumbasi, K. (2018) Instrumental, Organizational, and Legitimacy Scopes of International Terrorism: Policy Implications for Kenya’s National Security Strategy. In Countering Violent Extremism in Kenya: Emerging National Perspectives. Nairobi: Thirty Three Consortium.
- Mwagiru, M. & Morumbasi, K. (2018) Introduction: Contexts and Strategies of Countering Violent Extremism in Kenya. In Countering Violent Extremism in Kenya: Emerging National Perspectives. Nairobi: Thirty Three Consortium.
- Mwagiru, M. & Morumbasi, K. [Eds.] (2018) Countering Violent Extremism in Kenya: Emerging National Security Perspectives, Vol. 2. Nairobi: Thirty Three Consortium.
- Morumbasi, K. & Amuhaya, C. (2016). A Networks Analysis of Terrorism in Africa: Implications for Kenya. International Relations, Volume 16, Issue 2, pp. 265-273.
- Mwagiru, M. and Morumbasi, K. [Eds]. Grand Strategy. Thirty Three Consortium.
- Morumbasi, K. (November 2015). State Survival and Terrorism in Africa. Contemporary Security in Africa, Journal of the National Defence College in Nairobi, Kenya, Vol. 3 No. 2 pp. 1-16
- Mwagiru, M. & Morumbasi, K. [Eds]. (2016) Perspectives on International Law, Vol 1: Epistemology, Paradigms, and Theory, Nairobi: Thirty Three Consortium. ISBN: 996-04-007-2
- Morumbasi, K. (2013) China and the International Political Economy: Opportunities for Africa. (Journal) China and the World. The Institute of International Studies, Jilin University.